- Next Chronicle Requiem MES Site: http://www.mindseyesociety.org/games/next-chronicle-genres/vampire-the-requiem/(Check here for information on Cadence, Conspiracies, Chronicle History, etc)
- Requiem, Universal Addendums: http://www.mindseyesociety.org/information/next-chronicle-addendums/(Check here for information on whether your tasty bloodline or background item needs an approval!)
- Character Creation Document: (Complete this for TEN (10) Bonus XP!!!)
- Traditional Civility Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/161i8iWzhS6vT7CtfoPnJPpMJ3OpRvihnrLxrZNCV748/edit(Complete this for FREE Requiem and Masquerade Merits!!!
Step One: Character Concept
This is the first building block of your character. Summarize your concept in a few words, or a phrase. Imagine you had to quickly describe your character to another – how would you do it?
Step Two – Seven: Character Creation Process
- Select Attributes (5/4/3)
- Select Skills (11/7/4)
- Select Skill Specialties (Choose three – remember these are from your mortal life!)
- Add Vampire Template: Choose Clan and Covenant, Choose Conspiracy (if any)
- Select Favored Attribute bonus dot (see VTR:92)
- Determine Blood Potency (begins at 1, but may spend Merits or XP to increase)
- Choose Disciplines (3 dots, 2 must be from Clan Disciplines)
- Select Merits (7 dots)
- Determine starting Willpower, Humanity, Virtues/Vices
Step Eight: Mind’s Eye Society Advantages
- Add 15 XP per MC level you possess (ex. MC5 starts with 75 XP)
- Add MC Milestones:Apply any XP refunds from MC bonuses (see Addendum for details)
- MC1 – Gain additional 30 XP. This happens before the other.
- MC3 – Gain three Skill Specialties. Cannot use to Specialize in a supernatural power.
- MC6 – Gain one (or raise one) Merit at 3 dots, after all XP is spent. No fighting styles, Character Creation only merits, or Power Stats can be chosen.
- MC9 – Gain one (or raise one) Skill at 3 dots, after all XP is spent.
- MC12 – Raise one Attribute to 3 dots, after all XP is spent
- MC14 – Starting base Blood Potency is raised to 2
- Gain 1 dot of Cadence (More can be gained by gaining City Status in play!)
- Gain the Masquerade Advantage: Choose an innate aspect of your character, representing how they interact with humans. Gain two Asset Skills. Each Skill only costs x2 to learn, instead of x3. Gain one free Specialty in one of these Asset Skills. See Danse Macabre (p. 41-42) for details, and complete the Traditional Civility document for more perks!
- Artist (Crafts, Expression)
- Criminal (Larceny, Streetwise)
- Executive (Politics, Persuasion)
- Guru (Academics, Persuasion)
- Healer (Empathy, Medicine)
- Junkie (Streetwise, Survival)
- Investigator (Investigate, Persuasion)
- Scholar (Academics, Science)
- Socialite (Persuasion, Socialize)
- Youth (Athletics, Subterfuge)
- Gain the Requiem Advantage: Choose an innate aspect of your character, representing their role in Kindred society. Gain an Asset Discipline. Learn the discipline at x4 for In-Clan/Bloodline, x5 for Shadow Cult, x6 for out-of-clan. See Danse Macabre (p.42-43) for details, and complete the Traditional Civility document for more perks! Check for the 50% Rule: No more than 50% of your XP can be spent on a single category, including: Attributes, Skills, Merits, Blood Potency, Morality, Disciplines, Devotions, Ritual Disciplines (Theban and Cruac only, including rituals)
- Courtesan (Majesty)
- Enforcer (Protean)
- Horror (Nightmare)
- Manipulator (Dominate)
- Martyr (Obfuscate)
- Nomad (Animalism)
- Magus (Auspex)
- Put your character sheet on the Approvals Database! http://legacy.mindseyesociety.org/approvals_new/app_main.php