I figured I would follow Jonathan’s standard and give you guys a head’s up on character creation for the Accord venue.
1. All characters get 20xp/MC +30xp at creation.
2. The Accord CCD is different from the other nWOD ones, so fill it out for a free 10XP at creation. Download the Character Creation Document
3. Choose between one of the following venues to play an awesome character in the combined nWOD game. Mage, Changeling, Vampire, Promethean, Geist, Changing Breeds. You can also be one of these greater templates from the following books – Possessed (Inferno), Purified (Immortals).
You can be a normal mortal with the following lesser templates as well; Dampyr, Fae-Touched, Ghouls, Hunters (Tier 3), Proximi, Psychics, Thaumaturges, Wolf-blooded
Lesser templates are built as Hunters from Vigil and have access to Hunter Professions, merits, and organizations unless otherwise restricted. All of these except Proximi and Ghouls can be up to Tier 2 Hunters. A mortal without a template can be a Tier 3 Hunter.
4. Addendums and information for the venue you have chosen can be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/mesaccord/docs/addendum
Check out the Universal Addendum and the Addendum for the venue your character is being made from. If you want to play one of the templates out of random books; Possessed, Purified, or many other lesser templates, look at the Combined Addendum.
5. Calculating base RQ. Once you have completed your character creation, follow this link to calculate the character’s base RQ. http://endlessinquiry.com/weird/rq.html
I want an average of 60 RQ for characters. You only need to concern yourself if you fall above that number. If your character calculates above 120, you will need to reconsider the character, as I will not permit a character more than 2x the base average I have set for the game.
6. If you are concerned about where politics may play a part in the Accord venue, check out these documents about cell structure and cell politics to give you an idea.
7. Put your character into the DB. I submitted the Accord VSS for approval today, but there is a place-holder there that Robert set up for us to get our characters ready for the start of game. I need each and every character to be in the database so that I can accurately calculate our base RQ.